Re: [O] Bug: ox-taskjuggler :effort: property incorrectly converted when

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: ox-taskjuggler :effort: property incorrectly converted when in minutes
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 16:54:47 -0600

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I ran into an error with a 30min task which used the :effort: property
>> to set this duration. Upon compilation, I noted the warning:
>> ```
>> file.tjp:10: Warning: 400.0d of effort of task one does not fit into
>> the project time frame.
>> Warning: 1 tasks could not be scheduled
>> ```
>>
>> I looked at the .tjp file, and 30min had been converted to 4800.0
>> hours. I was able to reproduce with the following setup:
>>
>> #+begin_src min-config
>>   (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp/")
>>   (require 'ox-taskjuggler)
>> #+end_src
>>
>> emacs -Q M-x load-file ~/path/to/min-config
>>
>> #+begin_src tj-time-test.org
>>
>> * Project :taskjuggler_project:
>> ** task1-effort-min
>>    :PROPERTIES:
>>    :start:    2014-11-01
>>    :effort:   30min
>>    :allocate: jwhendy
>>    :END:
>> ** task2-duration-min
>>    :PROPERTIES:
>>    :duration: 30min
>>    :allocate: jwhendy
>>    :blocker:  previous-sibling
>>    :END:
>>
>> #+end_src
>>

> EFFORT is a special property in Org (i.e., it is not specific to
> taskjuggler). It expects "HH:MM" format. So, you should set it to
>
>   :Effort: 00:30

That mostly makes sense. Org's not case-sensitive, correct? I was
looking at the [granted, outdated] taskjuggler documentation and it
features estimates in days (i.e. 10d):
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-taskjuggler.html

Is this recent (as in post-writing of that worg page)? Or are there
other formats that could be accepted? It's unfortunate that org and
taskjuggler overlap on this, as ideally one could pass any tj
attribute as a property and it'd "do the right thing." I see why the
issue exists now.

So if I want to estimate a task taking 10 days, I need to input 80:00?

Best regards,
John