[O] issues with non-bracketed links in org 8.3

From: Christopher Dannheim
Subject: [O] issues with non-bracketed links in org 8.3
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 21:48:55 +0100

Hi,

I have an issue with links created by org-ref's function 'org-ref-insert-cite-link' and John Kitchin asked me to post it on this list.

in my textfiles, links created with org-ref-insert-cite-link are not enclosed in brackets (textcite:sth), while those created with  org-insert-link are ([[textcite:sth]]). Recently, the links without the  brackets are not recognized by my emacs anymore (clicking on them results in 'user error. no link found' and they are not exported to latex correctly). However, they are underlined and thus 'look' like links.

My emacs-Version is 24.4.1, my org-mode version is 8.3.

I know that I used to be able to compile the files that contained links without brackets fine in the past. Do you have any idea what could cause this?

Thank you a lot in advance,
Christopher.