Re: [O] [RFC] Change property drawer syntax

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change property drawer syntax
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:19:43 +0100

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>
>> One question, now that this syntax is stabilized, can the following
>> long-standing bug be fixed: sometimes the SCHEDULED line (or
>> DEADLINE, or ...) is moved synchronously with the heading when
>> promoting/demoting, sometimes not.
>>
>> I found in which cases it does and when it does not: it depends on
>> the presence of text in the entry.
>>
>> So, for example:

>> * The SCHED will be moved
>>   SCHEDULED: <2011-08-18 Thu>
>>
>> * This one won't be moved along with the heading
>>   SCHEDULED: <2011-08-18 Thu>
>>
>> Because of this text here...
>>
>> becomes, when *demoted*:

>> * New section
>>
>> ** The SCHED will be moved
>>    SCHEDULED: <2011-08-18 Thu>
>>
>> ** This one won't be moved along with the heading
>>   SCHEDULED: <2011-08-18 Thu>
>>
>> Because of this text here...
>>
>> This had been fixed by Bastien in August 2011, but the fix had reverted
>> afterward.
>
> I pushed a change that should make indentation shift hopefully smarter.

It does work perfectly on the "meta-stuff" (SCHEDULED, DEADLINE,
etc.). Though, it moves as well the "body" text -- while I'm not using
`org-indent-mode'.

* New section

* The SCHED will be moved
  SCHEDULED: <2011-08-18 Thu>

** This one won't be moved along with the heading
   SCHEDULED: <2011-08-18 Thu>

 Because of this text here...
^ Space inserted here.

See http://screencast.com/t/2AkkSTpqe5.

> Thank you for reminding me about this.

Thanks to you for your continuous support!  We don't say it enough ;-(

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban