Re: [O] Inline code :results replace not working

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: [O] Inline code :results replace not working
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:04:15 -0600

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Ista Zahn <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Charles C. Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Nov 2014, Andreas Leha wrote:
>
> [snip]

>> +1.
>
> +1 from me as well. For exactly the reason Andreas illustrated I've
> given up on using inline results for the past year or so. Would be
> great to see this feature become usable by implementing a system for
> replacing them.

My approach here has been to use "hidden" source blocks that aren't
exported but make it
really easy to see the result during development. These settings
should work on any configuration,
so I didn't include mine here.

✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂✂
#+BEGIN_SRC R
a = 10
b = 23
c = a + b
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC R :results output silent :exports none
#+END_SRC

The user calculated src_R{c}.

When you use these functions
http://orgmode.org/manual/Key-bindings-and-useful-functions.html#Key-bindings-and-useful-functions
the addition of these "hidden" blocks hav almost zero cost and give me
what I want.