[O] [whishlist] unified export template / property keys for presentation

From: Bartholomaios Edessa
Subject: [O] [whishlist] unified export template / property keys for presentations
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 09:44:24 +0100

Hello,

orgmode has a nice interface for specifying things like frames, blocks, quotes etc with org-beamer-mode and the special access keys (C-c C-b).

Although these serve only latex-beamer - and since orgmode has a lot of non-beamer export options for presentations - I was wondering if we could have something like this:

1) a function 'org-insert-presentation-template' that allows for different basic options like type of transition, default heading depth for slides, toc and so on.

2) a special minor mode 'org-presentation-mode' where more options can be used by providing keybindings for inserting properties.

The main idea behind this is that it is perfectly fine for most presentations to define at what heading level slides are, what font and what colors org should use. All these things are basically similar in all export backends for presentations and could therefore be handled by the same set of options.

I guess that 80% of what the style and structure of a presentation consists of would be covered by this, regardless of whether it is going to be a beamer, s5, or reveal.js presentation.

This would make creating presentations a lot more user friendly. Because it should not really matter whether or not I understand all the latex markup that the export to beamer has to handle or the the html when using another presentation export backend - for producing a quick and still nice-looking presentation from an org-file.

What do you think?