Re: [O] Repeated teaching classes and stopping date

From: Samuel Loury
Subject: Re: [O] Repeated teaching classes and stopping date
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:44:43 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thursday, 13 Nov 2014 at 09:26, Samuel Loury wrote:

[...]

>> In my org files that sum up to 51425 lines (not taking into account the
>> archives), the creation of the agendas takes minutes to generate. There

> Minutes!  What version of org and what kind of system?

Org version 8.2.7c.
The system is a Samsung galaxy S3.
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor       : 0
BogoMIPS        : 1592.52

processor       : 1
BogoMIPS        : 2189.72

processor       : 2
BogoMIPS        : 2189.72

processor       : 3
BogoMIPS        : 1592.52

Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x3
CPU part        : 0xc09
CPU revision    : 0

Chip revision   : 0011
Hardware        : SMDK4x12
Revision        : 000c
Serial          : cfca7043323016d7

With a RAM of 800Mo.

> I have >35k lines in my org agenda files and generating an agenda on a
>5
> year old system takes seconds.  On my wee Pandora, it takes a minute or
> so but this is a very slow system with slow SD cards...

I don't understand how the SD card speed is to be taken into account
since org mode by default loads into emacs (and then in memory) all the
org files prior to computing the agenda.

--
Konubinix
GPG Key    : 7439106A