[O] Executing org shell blocks on remote machine over ssh

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: [O] Executing org shell blocks on remote machine over ssh
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:04:05 -0500

Hi All,

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I've been searching for a
while and haven't found anything.

I use org mode as a lab notebook.  I write org-src blocks to keep track
of tasks I do at the command line, and then I copy paste them into the
terminal.  I would really like to hit "C-c C-c" on the source block and
have it executed on the remote machine.  I know that you can specify
the remote machine according to [1], however the software I use requires
a fairly complicated setup to get going.

Ideally what I would have is my org-src blocks and another window with
the ssh terminal open.  Then hitting "C-c C-c" would execute the block
over a shared ssh connection and I could see the results in the other
window (quasi-interactively).  Is that possible?

Thanks for your time!

    Dave

Footnotes:
[1]  http://home.fnal.gov/~neilsen/notebook/orgExamples/org-examples.html#sec-16