Re: [O] Executing org shell blocks on remote machine over ssh

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: [O] Executing org shell blocks on remote machine over ssh
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:58:10 -0800

Ista Zahn <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]
> I guess I'm missing something (like why the OP want's to run a shell
> in a separate window), but why not just
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :results output :dir /ssh:lycastus:/home/bviren :session
> *shell*
>   /bin/pwd
>   echo $HOSTNAME
>   ls -l foo.sh
>   echo "---"
>   cat foo.sh
>   echo "---"
>   source ./foo.sh
>   echo $FOO
> #+END_SRC

Tangentially related...

*term* looks nice too (M-x term instead of M-x shell). This `term' is like a
more literal terminal embedded in Emacs. Even key-bindings are hijacked.
(Amusingly, readline utility gives bash some Emacs-like key-bindings.) In a
stackoverflow question, it is pointed out that *term* versus *shell*, you miss
out on features like isearch (C-s, C-r etc.). Then, switching around a lot is
hindered, since C-x o (other-window) is hijacked (but the suggested windmove
binding still works).

--
Brady