Re: [O] Suggestion about ":session"

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Suggestion about ":session"
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 19:35:03 +0100

abonnements <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>     reading the manual (Release 8.2.10), I wonder if the syntax of
> ":session" header may not be changed in the way of  ":tangle" or
> ":noweb" (sorry for the frenchy expression). I mean :
>
>  * :session yes (now :session)
>  * :session no  (now :session none)
>  * :session name (now :session name)
>
> It seems to be more homogeneous.

+1

Consistency would be a big plus.

> THierry
>
> PS: Of course the old syntax must be supported.

This would mean, that

| new syntax        | old syntax        |
|-------------------+-------------------|
| :session yes      | :session          |
| :session none     | :session no       |
| :session whatever | :session whatever |

Am I correct?

I think that should not cause any problems.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug