Re: [O] problems with INCLUDE, noweb and tangle

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] problems with INCLUDE, noweb and tangle
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 14:10:00 +0100

Daniele Pizzolli wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>
>>> Thanks for the clarification.  I did not noticed that before.  I guess
>>> that there is no plan to get this working for the general case, so the
>>> only viable option is using one big .org file.
>>
>> Or use the Library of Babel, if the code you wanna tangle gets
>> eventually used in many different files?
>
> Thanks, I was not aware of this option.  But it seems that the blocks
> are statically added to the variable org-babel-library-of-babel, so when
> I change the included files the changes does not propagate to the
> library of babel automatically.  I also prefer a file based solution
> rather than a global one.

The idea of the LOB is that it's a place where you put all the code
blocks you use in more than one file; you load the LOB, and the code
blocks are in memory -- known, so that you can reference them.

If you need to update them, the easiest is to directly edit them in (one
of) the (many) LOB file(s).

Best regards,
  Seb

--