Re: [O] [dev] New version of org-index.el --- a personal index for org a

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] [dev] New version of org-index.el --- a personal index for org and beyond
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 21:02:35 +0100

On 2014-12-09 19:58, Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> I've given it a try, and upon creation there is a backtrace (when I'm
> done with the setup):
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
>   org-index--goto-list("columns-and-flags")
>   org-index--create-index()
>   org-index--create-missing-index("Variable org-index-id is not set,
> so probably no index table has been created yet.")
>   org-index--verify-id()
>   org-index(nil)
>   call-interactively(org-index record-it)
>
> The table seems to be created, so I guess it's just a single occurrence
> of a setup error.

As a followup, org-index could not find the id after restarting emacs,
so I guess the backtrace happened before it was saved. I manually added
the `org-index-id' to my .emacs and it now works.

I tried adding a node, and although I changed the category and keyword
that were proposed to me, the node was inserted with the default ones.

Is this the place to report such bugs?

Thanks,

Alan

--