Re: [O] File local variables

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: [O] File local variables
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 12:03:32 +0530

>> I can’t confirm, in the sense that including that line in a file sets
>> the buffer-local value of org-export-babel-evaluate to nil.
>>
>> If that variable isn’t having the effect of suppressing evaluation,
>> that sounds like a bug, but it’s not clear that that is what is going
>> on.  Can you send an ECM?
>
> I can't confirm this either (using the following text).
>
> ,----
> | # -*- org-export-babel-evaluate: nil; -*-
> |
> | #+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports both
> |   (message "Evaluating?")
> | #+end_src
> |
> | #+RESULTS:
> | : Evaluating?
> `----

Thanks Aaron and Kyle.

I perhaps confused the fact that the line which started with a ; was showing up
in the export to understand that the line was not being treated as it should.

But in my earlier org files, I always started this line with a ; and it used to
work fine. Perhaps (perhaps), the behaviour has changed in terms of not
treating lines starting with ; as comments in org.

Be that as it may, starting the line with a # works.

Thanks again,

Vikas