Re: [O] [html-export question] location with JS.

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [html-export question] location with JS.
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:01:28 +0100

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the insightful comments.  Javascript is an interesting domain;
totally foreign to me, though.

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

> (except when the window becomes seriously too small,
> and the year jumps up on top of the other one, but that, I think, has to
> be expected).

This is what I'm trying to get rid of, somehow...  In my full document it
seemed to jump around much more. . .

I think I got it working now by rerunning the script on resize and cloning
the node rather than modifying the original node.  I have no idea if this
is bad.  It works wonderfully in the newest Firefox and Gnome Web.

> A different problem is that the script only picks out every other
> bol-year DIV, as you will soon see if you add more entries with boxes on
> the left. The reason is that getElementsByClassName returns a live
> HTMLCollection that updates according to the document order of the
> elements even as the script changes that order.

Interesting.

> To loop through them, try simply
>
> var e = elements[0]; // instead of var e = elements[i];

Thanks this is very helpful.

Next step: Proper small caps and make it work well on my phone!

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
And I faced endless streams of vendor-approved Ikea furniture. . .