Re: [O] Fwd: demoting a heading inserts spaces in column-0 text

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: demoting a heading inserts spaces in column-0 text
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 09:41:35 +0100

Hello,

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/address@hidden>
writes:

> Regarding CLOCK lines, I guess we all agree it's not user-input, but
> data managed by Org, right?

Right. But the problem, which I explained already, is different here.

> - user-inputted text
> - Org-managed stuff (such as clock line, timestamps or property drawers)
>
> Note that I wrote timestamps instead of planning info because I also
> would find it clearer to get:
>
>>> **** Some text
>>>      [2014-12-14 Sun 18:55]
>
> than
>
>>> **** Some text
>>> [2014-12-14 Sun 18:55]
>
> (when one wants to insert the timestamp in a captured note or task)

This is not possible in the general case since timestamps can be located
almost anywhere. I suggest to live with it.

>> Again, I suggest to sync indentation of planning info and all adjacent
>> drawers. Nothing smarter.
>
> Including the LOGBOOK, then?  That would already fulfill several above
> cases IIUC

As long as LOGBOOK is located at the top of the section, right after
planning info or some drawers, it should be fine. If it is located
elsewhere, it will not be indented automatically.

> not the timestamp one, though.

See above.

Regards,

--