Re: [O] html export using html5 elements and bootstrap framework

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] html export using html5 elements and bootstrap framework
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 13:37:20 -0500

On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 03:47:36PM +0000, R C wrote:
> I would like to have org mode export a project using html5 elements and
> bootstrap framework adapting the worg tutorial:
> org-publish-html-tutorial.html
>
> - template with links to bootstrap css and js files, and a local.js file
> with my macro definitions for mathjax: "~/web/org-templates/level-0.org"
> with lines of the form:
> #+STYLE:   <link href="css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
> media="screen">

I don't believe `STYLE' is used by the HTML exporter. See: `HTML_HEAD'
(`org-html-head') and `HTML_HEAD_EXTRA' (`org-html-head-extra'.)

> I also have: (setq org-html-html5-fancy t)

This only affects the use of html5 specific tags (section, article). The
exported doctype is controlled by HTML_DOCTYPE (`org-html-doctype')

> However tst.html does not show any inclusions from the level-0.org file and
> does not seem to use the html5 doctype:

Because there were no valid HTML options in level-0 and the doctype wasn't
set? Not having the contents of the file I can't be 100% sure.

Regardless, I don't think bootstrap will work very well. Doesn't it require
specific classes on the markup? To make it work you will probably need to add
additonal classes to every heading, etc.

rick