[O] Possible bug in export of table in latex

From: Giuseppe Lipari
Subject: [O] Possible bug in export of table in latex
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 14:03:24 +0100

Dear all,

happy new year to everybody!

I think I might have discovered a bug.
I am preparing some slides using org-beamer mode. Here is the snippet of a table I have in my file:

   #+ATTR_LATEX: :float t :width 4cm
   | /Single node app/ | /Distributed app/           |
   |-------------------+-----------------------------|
   | Operating System  | Distributed OS              |
   | Network           | Network programming libs    |
   | Progr. language   | Distributed Progr. language |
   |-------------------+-----------------------------|

If I understand well from the documentation, the "width" option should set the width of the table. However, the exporter produces the following latex snippet:

\begin{table}[htb]
\centering
\begin{tabular}{4cm}{ll}
\emph{Single node app} & \emph{Distributed app}\\
\hline
Operating System & Distributed OS\\
Network & Network programming libs\\
Progr. language & Distributed Progr. language\\
\hline
\end{tabular}
\end{table}
\end{frame}

Clearly, the lenght specification went in the wrong place, as the first parameter of tabular should not be the width of the table, but the column alignment.

I am running the most updated version from git, that is 8.3beta

All the best,

Giuseppe Lipari

--
Giuseppe Lipari