Re: [O] Lentic.0.6 and org mode

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [O] Lentic.0.6 and org mode
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 17:12:06 +0000

I normally do

(global-lentic-start-mode)

which just adds some keybindings for you.

Then, do one of

lentic-mode-create-in-selected-window, (C-c,h)
lentic-mode-split-window-below, (C-c,b)
lentic-mode-split-window-right (C-c,r)

Or there are menu items which does the same.

All of these create the "lentic" view, and put in a window as you might
guess. By default, it does indeed come up in fundamental mode (probably
that's not sensible, and I should set it to the same mode as the
starting buffer.

It's configurable, though. By default, the two windows share the same
text (which is nearly the same behaviour as indirect buffers). But they
can also be different (but related). I use a file or dir-local variable
for this. So, the lentic source code uses:

((emacs-lisp-mode
  .
  ((lentic-init . lentic-orgel-org-init)
   (eval . (require 'm-buffer-macro)))))

This gives the behaviour shown in this screen cast.

https://vimeo.com/116078853

The eval thing is just to make sure some macros are loaded, so that that
they indent properly, which is an orthogonal issue.

None of this is org or Emacs-lisp specific. I just added that because I
could, and it wasn't that much effort (okay, so it was more effort than
I expected, but there you go). I wrote it in the first place for Clojure
and asciidoc, but am actually using it with clojure and latex.

Phil