Re: [O] doc patch: move footnote in external links

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] doc patch: move footnote in external links
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 08:40:33 +0100

On 2015-01-11 23:00, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Here is an updated patch. I can push it or not, depending on the issue
>> below.
>
> Thanks. The patch is OK.

Great. I won't commit it, though, as I prefer to solve the space thing.

>> I have looked at the code and it works *very* differently. I think I can
>> make the `org-export-resolve-fuzzy-link' take spaces into accounts for
>> headlines, but I don't see how it is "fuzzy".
>
> I'd rather ignore whitespace when matching headlines. It can be useful
> when skipping statistics cookies. E.g.,
>
>  * Completed: [33%] so far
>
> can be matched with either [[Completed: so far]] and [[Completed:  so far]].

I don't understand: won't you need the "[33%]" bit for an exact search?

Also, does ignoring whitespace mean replacing any (non-empty) amount of
whitespace by non-empty whitespace, or can you also insert or delete
whitespace between contiguous strings:
- do "foobar" and "foo bar" match?
- do "foo bar" and "foobar" match?

> [[fuzzy]]-like links are fuzzy because they can match either a headline,
> a #+NAME or a <<target>>.

I see.

> I lean towards making the change the other way.

OK, I think I can do it if we do not allow to insert whitespace in
arbitrary positions (searching "foobar" will not match "foo bar").

>>> Also, would you mind adding a test in test-org/fuzzy-links
>>> ("test-org.el") and an entry in ORG-NEWS?
>>
>> I guess this should be done if I change `org-export-resolve-fuzzy-link',
>> or should I do it anyway?
>
> I think a test would be nice for the change you are making to
> `org-link-search', i.e, you can extend "test-org/fuzzy-links" (part with
> [[*Test]]) to ensure that match is exact, independently on
> `org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline'.

OK, I'll look into it.

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7