Re: [O] Showing next items in agenda + deadline in past

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Showing next items in agenda + deadline in past
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:47:57 +0100

Giulio Petrucci wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Florian Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 1) How can I configure it to show not the next n days, but the next n events
>> like:
>
> Don't know but I mus confess I am struggling with the same problem in
> these days.
>
>> 2) There is this 75 d. ago Abstract DEADLINE. How am I supposed to act on
>> deadlines in the past? The item has no TODO/DONE marker, just the DEADLINE.
>> How to say that the action that relates to this deadline is done?
>
> I resolved marked it as DONE.
> I think makes sense: you need to tell org-mode that your deadline has been
> met.
> Would be interesting to know if there is a way to tell org-mode to
> load only /future/ deadline in the agenda...

Yes, with a custom agenda commands along these lines:

  (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
               '("f" "Future deadlines"
                 ((tags-todo "DEADLINE>=\"<+0d>\"+DEADLINE<=\"<+1w>\""
                             ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Due in next 7
days"))))
                 ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled 'future))) t)

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban