Re: [O] org-download.el

From: Oleh
Subject: Re: [O] org-download.el
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 09:28:22 +0100

> 2. As I'm testing now, I can get a "Wrong type argument:
>    number-or-marker-p, nil" error if the org-mode file in question is
>    empty or the cursor is before the first heading. Is this the case for
> you?
>    I'll fix this case soon anyway.
> -- Not really, I made a test.org then insert some heading, then tried
> (org-download-yank) with the web address on top of kill-ring, which did not
> trig the download events as well.

It is important that the point should be not before the first
heading. Is this the case?  Also, are you using the Github version? I
haven't yet propagated the changes to the org-contrib version.

> 3. If this doesn't work, try the following simplified function:
>
>     (defun org-download-yank-1 ()
>       (interactive)
>       (let ((filename "./foo.png"))
>         (org-download--image
>          "https://www.google.nl/images/srpr/logo11w.png";
>          filename)
>         (insert (format "[[%s]]" filename))
>         (org-display-inline-images)))
>
> -- This one works! The google logo gets into my test.org buffer, which is a
> good signal~

OK, this means that at least `org-download-yank` can be fixed very soon.
And, as I recall, the dnd works for some OSX users.
Let's not bother the nice org-people and continue the discussion here:
https://github.com/abo-abo/org-download/issues/11

regards,
Oleh