Re: [O] [ANN] [OT] New Android app (Orgzly)

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] [OT] New Android app (Orgzly)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:02:44 +0100

Hi Neven,

Thanks for explaining your program here.  The screenshots/animations on
your website look pretty.

Neven <address@hidden> writes:

> *NOTE* It's about an app which is *not* open source (some parts of code
> will opened, see below).  If you have a problem with that, you can stop
> reading right about now...

I must admit that I feel uncomfortable because you use the name org-mode
to promote a product that does not respect the "4 freedoms" as put forth
by the FSF.  E.g. if you make mistakes, it may reflect poorly on us, and
we won't even be able to fix it or distribute a version that is not broken
if we so desired.  That's just /my/ personal opinion, though.

> Not too many different org files were used for testing -- worg, personal
> and some random ones found on the net were used.  If you know where to
> find some more, do tell.  Never enough for this kind of testing.

On the other hand, I'm happy that you (also) find joy in the Org format!

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
. . . It begins of course with The Internet.  A Net of Peers