Re: [O] org-block-regexp questions

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-block-regexp questions
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:48:27 +0100

Hello,

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm studying org-block-regexp.  One thing that bugs me is this part:
>
> #\\+begin_?
>
> It suggests to me that the underscore after "begin" might be optional;
> but a quick experiment with the exporter shows that this is not the
> case.

This is the case for dynamic blocks

  (info "(org) Dynamic blocks")

> Next, this part:
>
> \\([^ \n]+\\)
>
> would suggest that TAB is a valid part of the name of the block.
> Strange, isn't it?

It is. "\\(\\S-+\\)" would be more appropriate I think (this is also
what is used in "org-element.el").

> Finally, the rationale behind

> escapes me completely.  What's the use of groups nested like this?

This looks like a plain bug, a minor one, tho. Before fixing it, Someone
has to make sure it doesn't break matching groups somewhere.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou