Re: [O] parser: verbatim or code?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] parser: verbatim or code?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:33:18 +0100

Hello,

Bastien wrote:
> Hi Yasushi, Michael and Nicolas,
>
> Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:
>> The syntax for inline code snippets seems easier to read by human and
>> to parse with "~" than with "=" because inline code snippets use "~"
>> less often than "=". I avoid "~/" by using "$HOME/" in my notes about
>> shell and shell scripts. Some examples:
>
> I've now fix those inconsistencies, both in the manual and in the
> code.  I followed Michael suggestion to use ~code~ and =verbatim=.
>
> We may need to update the way export backend treat this markup, and
> try to be consistent here too.

Since = and ~ have been inverted, I think it'd make sense to make
`org-babel-inline-result-wrap' now default to "~%s" (instead of "=%s"),
for markup that produces verbatim text.

That will put fix back as what they were for people having different CSS
or LaTeX styles applied to both markers.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban