Re: [O] [babel, bug?] colnames with a list of columns does not work

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] [babel, bug?] colnames with a list of columns does not work
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:00:48 -0800

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/address@hidden>
writes:

> Yes, you just show that the documentation is not up-to-date, as that
> functionality *is* implemented for most languages.

This constant is defined in the ob-core.el I have

    (colnames   . ((nil no yes)))

which seems to indicate that the documentation is up-to-date.

Also, I looked through the various language descriptions at
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html and found two
that discuss :colnames,

picolisp prefers :colnames no, and sql sets :colnames yes by default.

I'm curious.  Is it the case that most languages accept a list of values
for the :colnames header argument?

All the best,
Tom

--