Re: [O] parser: verbatim or code?

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] parser: verbatim or code?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:31:47 -0500

Hi Sebastien,

2015ko urtarrilak 23an, Sebastien Vauban-ek idatzi zuen:
>> Since = and ~ have been inverted, I think it'd make sense to make
>> `org-babel-inline-result-wrap' now default to "~%s" (instead of
>> "=%s"), for markup that produces verbatim text.
>
> Here is the patch.

If I understand this thread correctly, = is now consistently interpreted
as verbatim and ~ as code.  I think verbatim (i.e. the status quo) is
what makes sense for inline babel results – results are not generally
speaking code (though of course in special cases they can be).

I’m not sure what you mean by

> That will put fix back as what they were for people having different CSS
> or LaTeX styles applied to both markers.

It sounds like perhaps there are user customizations which are out of
date with this change.  Maybe an announcement is needed in ORG-NEWS to
raise awareness of this change.

Thanks,

--
Aaron Ecay