[O] Error when trying to use --batch to export agenda ical: cl-block-nil

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: [O] Error when trying to use --batch to export agenda ical: cl-block-nil error
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 09:16:09 -0500

When I try to export my agenda to ics (ical) from the command line, I use the
following command:
    emacs --batch --user $USER --eval "(progn (org-agenda-list nil nil 'year)
(org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files))"

But this fails because, it says
    No catch for tag: --cl-block-nil--, org-agenda-date-weekend

and it fails to produce an ics file.

However, when I'm actually executing the year-view and
`org-icalendar-combine-agenda-files` in my running session of emacs, it works
fine. I used to have that problem but someone here helped me solve it by adding
'(require 'cl-lib) to one of my init files. But why isn't this working to
prevent the cl-block error when I run the batch mode? Ideas?