Re: [O] org export to org

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org export to org
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 09:17:39 -0500

Thanks for the tip.

Today what I tried for this worked fine. This will export an org file to
an org file, but transform all the cite type links into pandoc format,
including pre/post text if you put that in the link description with ::
as a separator. Then you could run that org file through pandoc. It
looks like this would work for any export that can use pandoc citations,
with a simple redefinition of the derived backend.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun pandoc-cite-format (link contents info)
  (if (-contains? org-ref-cite-types  (org-element-property :type link))
      (cond
       ;; link with description
       ((org-element-property :contents-begin link)
        (let* ((contents (buffer-substring
                          (org-element-property :contents-begin link)
                          (org-element-property :contents-end link)))
               (split (split-string contents "::"))
               (pre-text (nth 0 split))
               (post-text (nth 1 split)))
          (concat
           "[@" (org-element-property :path link)
           (when pre-text (concat ", " pre-text))
           (when post-text (concat ", " post-text))
           "]"
           )
          ))
       ;; plain citations
       (t
        (concat "["
              (mapconcat (lambda (key) (concat "@" key))
                         (split-string (org-element-property :path link) ",")
                         "; ")
              "]")))
    ;; not a cite link. just return the original link
    (org-org-identity link contents info)))

(org-export-define-derived-backend 'pandoc-org 'org
  :translate-alist '((link . pandoc-cite-format)))

(find-file (org-export-to-file 'pandoc-org "org-to-org.org"))
#+END_SRC

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F