Re: [O] Citations, continued

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Citations, continued
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 12:32:53 +0100

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> The uppercase variants are important for correctness with names like
> “von Neumann”.  When we write a sentence which begins “Von Neumann
> (19xx) claimed that...” the “von” must be capitalized, though it
> should be lowercase in non-sentence-initial position.  Of course, we
> don’t need to copy the biblatex convention of capitalized command
> names to represent this in org.  Perhaps a :capitalize t property
> could be added, assuming one of the proposals is adopted that allows
> the inclusion of a property list in the citation.

So I guess Org cannot be used for game theory or CS papers. . .

I guess, in ox-latex it should use magically use the uppercase variants
depending on sentence-end or similar voodoo.  Like textcites would
automatically be used if there's more than one key.

Anyway, you are right.  But they should still not be exposed in the case a
limited set of biblatex keys are adopted.

—Rasmus

--
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they are not