Re: [O] closing column mode for beamer export

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] closing column mode for beamer export
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 08:30:07 +0000

On Wednesday, 11 Feb 2015 at 11:46, L.Larrabee Strow wrote:
> Here is the simplest example I can come up with.  I changed the four
> figures to text.  Note that in comments, I show where I can add
> \end{columns} and \begin{columns} to the org-generated .tex files, and I
> get what I want, a 2x2 set of figures.

Thanks.

I can get this to work by inserting an empty "non-column" block with
heading ignored between the two pairs of blocks, as in the attached:

#+LATEX_CLASS: beamer
#+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [t]
#+BEAMER_THEME: Frankfurt
#+startup: beamer

* Introduction
** Overview
*** first column 0.5
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_col: 0.5
  :END:

#+LaTeX: \centering
Figure 1 (top/left)

Text instead of figure Text instead of figure Text instead of figure
Text instead of figure Text instead of figure Text instead of figure

#+LaTeX: \vspace{0.1in}

*** second column 0.5
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_col: 0.5
  :END:

#+LaTeX: \centering
Figure 2 (top/right)

Text instead of figure

# If I put: \end{columns}
# and put : \begin{columns}
# here in the .tex output from org-mode, I get a 2x2 set of figures

*** Imaginary block                                  :B_ignoreheading:
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
:END:
*** third column 0.5
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_col: 0.5
  :END:

#+LaTeX: \centering
Figure 3 (bottom/left)

Text instead of figure

*** fourth 0.5
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_col: 0.5
  :END:

#+LaTeX: \centering
Figure 4 (bottom/right)

Text instead of figure
HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-816-gae83b3