Re: [O] Announcement: org-one-to-many

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Announcement: org-one-to-many
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 23:33:43 +0100

Hello everybody,

so I've got this little library of mine, called org-one-to-many, which
can split an Org file into pieces, modifying internal links so that they
still point to the same place (even if now in another file).

But I have a problem with it.  I would like to export all the resulting
files into, say, HTML, and the problem is that all the options
(obviously) don't propagate to the “subfiles” – so that if I say e.g.

#+LANGUAGE: pl

anywhere in the file, it is not copied to all the resulting files
(generated from headings), unless this line happens to be in one of them
(and then it disappears from the “main” file).

I can see two solutions to this problem.  One is to somehow recognize
these lines and copy them to all the resulting files.  One trouble with
that is that I’d have to decide, for instance, /where/ to put them – at
the beginning?

The easier solution, which /might/ also be “cleaner” in a sense, is to
recognize some kind of “special” heading - for instance,

* COMMENT Config
#+LANGUAGE: pl

or something like that, and copy it verbatim to all the generated files,
say – at their end.

What do you think?  Can you see another solution?  If not, which of the
above do you consider a better one?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski