Re: [O] Citations, continued

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] Citations, continued
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 21:31:36 -0500

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> wrote:
Stefan Nobis <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> writes:
>
> But anyway: Some tool is needed to generate the bibliography with all
> its data - this tool has to handle all these details and therefore it
> should be not too hard to get partial data from it.

That is true.  Some tool does have to do this, and there are tools that
are designed for it outside of LaTeX (like CSL processors) that Org
could rely on.  But I really don't have any idea how easy it would be to
make the exporter interact with them in a fine-grained way like this, or
what constraints they would place on citation support in Org.  Does
anyone have a sense of this?

I think Erik Hetzner knows a lot about this -- he has done all that work on zotxt, which involves talking
to Zotero's internal citeproc.js, which is, I think, the most widely-used CSL processor.

Matt