[O] markup text with leading, trailing spaces

From: hymie!
Subject: [O] markup text with leading, trailing spaces
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 21:29:43 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings.

My next SNAFU involves mark-up text.

I'd like to be able to have a series of commands in my raw org file that I
can copy-n-paste into my shell window.  But I also like to export my org
files to HTML so that I can make ePubs and keep them in my iPad.

So while I strongly prefer the exported version of
- ~command1~
- ~command2~
- ~command3~
it's hard to copy-n-paste with the tildes in the way.

Unfortunately, this
- ~ command1 ~
- ~ command2 ~
- ~ command3 ~
does not mark up the text in my exported-to-html version.

And this
#+BEGIN_SRC
  command1
  command2
  command3
#+END_SRC
is just IMO ugly.

Is there something I can do, where I can get output similar to
- ~command1~
- ~command2~
- ~command3~
without the tildes blocking my text?