Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 21:13:50 +0100

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> It violates DRY.  It (thus) makes it annoying to export a document to a
> new backend: you have to search through all the citations and copy any
> :cap keys to the new backend.
>
> Crazy idea: what if there was a “root” backend from which all other
> backends were derived?  This would maintain consistency with existing
> attribute syntax (and possibly new, as proposed below), but also allow
> certain attributes to be passed to all backends.

The model doesn't hold because attributes are not inherited. Anyway I'm
not against adding a special "all" attribute, but if it can be avoided,
I'm all for it.

Time for another crazy idea. Last one on my side for today

  [cite ...] [(cite) ...] [Cite ...] [(Cite) ...]

It should solve the :capitalize issue.

Regards,