Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 13:39:51 -0500

John Kitchin writes:

Stefan Nobis writes:
Hmmm... nowadays one uses biblatex[fn:1] (with its companion biber) which makes hacking bibliography styles quite easy (in LaTeX; compared to customizing bst files). I do not think that the current discussion will lead to writing bib-styles in Lisp instead of LaTeX (at least not in the foreseeable future).

This is not universally true. None of the journals we submit to accept biblatex, only bibtex. I don't know of any major science publishers that use biblatex.

Same here. Journals either do not support LaTeX or support LaTeX and BibTeX.

--
Jorge.