[O] How to set a default language for source blocks?

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: [O] How to set a default language for source blocks?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 13:44:42 -0600

Good afternoon,

Just read [this] question. It is interesting. We always want to optimize
our documents. Re-use reduces errors. Defining `:header-args:foo:
:session *bar*' is a great example. Rather than having to type it 100
times all over, just do it once. It never occurred to be that we might
want to default the language for a source block. It should have. It
would be simpler to say "this whole document will be R source blocks,
unless I specify other wise". I looked at [the spec]. I wanted to obtain
this behavior. I couldn't figure out how. Is it possible?  I didn't look
at the parser, is that the right place to look to answer questions like
this?

[this]
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/8314/set-default-language-for-code-blocks-in-orgmode/9316#9316

[the spec]