Re: [O] [ox-latex, bug?] :caption forces environment

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [ox-latex, bug?] :caption forces environment
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 16:19:17 +0100

> This is a feature. A caption implies, at least, a "table" environment.

Except when it doesn't¹ ...  And in this case I told Org that it doesn't by
specifying :environment nil.  :environment should be stronger
than :caption.

>> The real usecase is that I want to use \captionof{table}{my caption}.
>
> This feature existed before support for "captionof". Of course, it is
> now possible to make use of this macro and alter `org-latex--org-table'
> accordingly.

There no explicit interface for \captonof, and reading the manual of
capt-of, I don't want to, as the author says care should be taken in
documents where floats are also used.

—Rasmus

Footnotes:
¹   I need to put the table inside an minipage, and they don't hold floats.

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real
understanding