Re: [O] [ox-latex, bug?] :caption forces environment

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [ox-latex, bug?] :caption forces environment
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:49:37 +0100

> We could use captof with a caption and :float nil.

You would also be able to do this with the awful float-package using the
H :placement, though I guess it's still a float (so I don't know if it
would work in e.g. minipage).

AFAIK, we use float actively at one place, namely ";; Case 1.  No source
fontification".  Of org-latex-src-block.  In that particular case I guess
we could also use capt-of, actually.

At some point I wanted to get rid of float, until I became aware that
capt-of doesn't ensure that floats/non-floats appear in the right order.

--
Summon the Mothership!