Re: [O] how to get images support in Emacs on Windows?

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: Re: [O] how to get images support in Emacs on Windows?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 19:18:55 +0000 (UTC)

Ben <yfefyf <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You can download the corresponding dlls from ezwinports [fn:1] and
put them into emacs's `bin` directory.

> There are some instructions in the "Image support" part on page [fn:2].
>
> [fn:2] https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

Strangely, the instructions and files work only for a couple formats I tried.

jpeg,png -- work perfectly

svg -- works, but so far not inline.  I.e., I can click on link and image
will show up in another Emacs buffer, but can't get it to show up inline.

tiff -- can't get this to work at all.  When clicking on it, it shows
character-mode garbage in separate buffer, along with error message.  This
is despite fact that dynamic-library-alist shows the same files as I copied
to the bin folder.

Not a huge deal for me, since jpeg and png are what I wanted most.  But
still seems a little odd; I have no idea what problems are with svg and tiff.