[O] Using org-mode to create an on-line manual for a software product

From: ciaran_mulloy
Subject: [O] Using org-mode to create an on-line manual for a software product
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:55:50 +0000

Hi!
I've been using Org-mode for creating an administration manual and user guide for a software product in the company I work.

I output the manual to latex (nearly 170 pages).

The thought occurs to me that it might be possible to publish it to html for use as an on-line manual that could be invoked from within the application. Ideally it would be useful to be able to open the relevant section in the manual in a browser.

Does anyone have practical experience, or suggestions of implementing such a solution with org-mode? The software application runs in a CentOS 6.X environment

Regards,
Ciaran Mulloy