Re: [O] [ox-latex, bug?] :caption forces environment

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [ox-latex, bug?] :caption forces environment
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 23:49:33 +0100

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> AFAIK, we use float actively at one place, namely ";; Case 1.  No source
>> fontification".  Of org-latex-src-block.  In that particular case I guess
>> we could also use capt-of, actually.
>
> It's worth trying. Do you want to provide a patch?

Yeah, I started already, but so far only tables works, but I'm really busy
ATM with funding applications.

[BTW: For one I need to send a .doc.  I'm getting random crashes with
 ox-odt as well (as Eric), but I haven't been able to track it down...]

>> At some point I wanted to get rid of float, until I became aware that
>> capt-of doesn't ensure that floats/non-floats appear in the right
>> order.
>
> Since we wouldn't use floats anymore, this isn't a problem, is it?

Well the problem is that you can get unorder.  E.g. the following where I
don't know if the syntax is valid.  Table 1 can be printed midway on the
page, and table 2 can be printed on top of the page, but table 2 would
actually be called "Table 2".  I haven't tested this thoroughly though.

Text

#+Attr_latex:  :float nil
| 1 |

Text