Re: [O] Firefox 36 and Links

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] Firefox 36 and Links
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 19:04:22 -0500

On 02/26/2015 06:33 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

Scott Randby <address@hidden> writes:

   http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/99694

I can't get the patch to work with Emacs 24.3 or 24.2. This could be
due to my very poor knowledge of elisp or that the patch isn't
compatible with those versions of Emacs.

Oh, it's probably that gmane replaces "@" signs with "<at>" to confuse
stupid address harvesters (which it will probably do to this message as
well :) ).

Try getting the patch from the emacs bug mailing list:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2015-02/msg00751.html

... and if whitespace is a problem, try ignoring it:

  patch -p1 -l < browse-url.patch

or

  git apply --ignore-whitespace browse-url.patch

worked for me on 24.3.

I'm sorry, it appears that I don't have enough knowledge to do this correctly. I've been meaning to learn how to work with git, but I haven't been able to find the time to learn it. I don't install Emacs from git, so I'll just wait until the next version that fixes the problem comes out.