Re: [O] Here is a patch I want to add to org.el……

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Here is a patch I want to add to org.el……
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:26:54 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I haven't looked at the patch and I do not understand how the patch
>> achieves the removal of single overlays.  But I am in the same boat.  I
>> also would (usually) like to remove only the rendered formula at the
>> point.  I think that this should even be the default.
>
> What Org version do you use? In development branch, C-c C-c doesn't
> remove overlays related to images and formulas.
>
> If you're talking about `org-toggle-latex-fragment', I don't think this
> is an issue because images are cached, so showing them again is very
> fast.

I am talking about `org-toggle-latex-fragment'.  And even if that is
fast, it is very annoying behaviour.  I'd very much like to be able to
toggle individual images.  In a math-heavy document the redisplay of all
formula images of even the current section takes noticable moment.  But
much worse: if I am working on a formula, I usually like to see other
formulas as images.  But they disappear as soon as I switch off the
image of the current formula to debug it.

It is quite hard to even achieve the state where all formulas except the
formula under the point are displayed as image.

And I'd expect `org-toggle-latex-fragment' to do what its name suggests:
to toggle the latex fragment, i.e. to produce the same state after the
second invocation.  Similarly to visibility cycling only a prefix should
act globally, IMO.

Regards,
Andreas