[O] What to use for tables with lengthy text in cells?

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] What to use for tables with lengthy text in cells?
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 16:12:06 -0500

I have a project which will require me to enter about a paragraph in each of 5 fields several times a day. I would use org tables, but I need to be able to see the table contents in the buffer, and org hides long lines. I tried using table.el but it feels incredibly clumsy - for instance, I can't find a way to add a row to the end of the table, which seems crazy.

I am wondering  what other people do in this situation - I guess I could use a spreadsheet or an odt document but I would much rather stay in emacs if I can.

Thanks as always,
Matt