Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax: a revised proposal
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 19:14:47 -0800

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> It would also be possible to just use an external program like
> citeproc-java.  WDYT?

I agree with Rasmus that using an external tool is the preferred way to
go here.  I don't think introducing a dependency is really a problem, so
long as we choose the right dependency -- LaTeX is a dependency for the
PDF exporter, after all.

Is there any reason to go with citeproc-java over a different CSL
implementation, like citeproc-js or pandoc-citeproc?  I am a little
nervous about shelling out to something that sounds it like it requires

I think Zotero also has a built-in CSL processor (actually, I think it
uses citeproc-js), and Erik Hetzner's zotxt plugin looks like it lets
you communicate with it in client-server fashion:

https://bitbucket.org/egh/zotxt/src

So maybe Zotero + zotxt is a good candidate for a `blessed' citation
manager and CSL processor?

Best,
Richard