[O] WIP: New Citation Syntax, ODT & JabRef

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: [O] WIP: New Citation Syntax, ODT & JabRef
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 22:50:52 +0530

This is a follow up to this message:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-03/msg00011.html

The prototype code that integrates the new Citation Syntax, ODT
exporter and JabRef citation manager is available in my personal
repo. (See http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-cv.git/)

Checkout URLs are:

  git://repo.or.cz/org-mode/org-cv.git
  http://repo.or.cz/org-mode/org-cv.git

Changes are available in master branch.  M-x find-library ox-jabref.el
and read the documentation there.

The attached files are representative of what is possible right now.

Following files are produced by varying the `:style' attribute of
#+BIBLIOGRAPHY line.

- cite-numeric.odt
- cite-chicago-full-note.odt
- cite-chicago-author-date.odt

The following file is

- cite-unfiltered-bibliography-with-abstract.odt

produced by modifying `org-jabref-citation-styles' as documented in
ox-jabref.el (and as seen in attached .emacs.)

cite.org uses the following biblatex-examples.bib:

http://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/biblatex/doc/examples/biblatex-examples.bib

There is no support for parenthetical citation or multikeys as yet.  I
will flesh these out as soon as I find some time.

For a beginner like me, citaitons are indeed very confusing.  I have
found the following documents very useful:

(a) http://www.dickimaw-books.com/latex/thesis/index.html

(b) Chicago_export_filters.pdf from
http://jabref.sourceforge.net/resources.php#Chicago_Manual

Nicolas, if you are seeing this message,

(1) I want APIs for

    (a) `org-odt--collect-cite-keys' (see ox-odt.el)
    (b) `org-jabref--read-bibliography-attribute' and
        `org-jabref--get-citation-style'.

(2) How do I specify multiple keys on the same `citation' object?

I have no specific inputs in so far as the new citation syntax is
concerned.  I have shared some of my opinions (as a user) here.

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-02/msg00783.html

TLDR of my argument is: A kindergartener (like me) producing his first
ever work that references other work should be able to get running
with minimal hassles.  I hope ox-jabref.el will cater to this "low
end" of the segment.

Btw, my copyright assignment request is in transit.