Re: [O] Zotero csl file that uses parenthetical style for citations

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: [O] Zotero csl file that uses parenthetical style for citations
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 19:18:04 +0530

On Friday 06 March 2015 06:57 PM, Rasmus wrote:
> Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am trying to locate a Zotero csl file that produces parenthetical
>> style -- Author (Date) -- for citations[1].  The primer[2] uses the
>> term "in-text" to refer to what this mailing list has been designating
>> as "parenthetical" style.
>
> Author-date a la biblatex have two primary calls: \texcite, e.g.  A (YYYY)
> and \parencite, e.g. (A YYYY).  You can also cite just the author or just
> the year.

> Based on this¹ discussion, I'm not sure CSL supports both within a single
> style file.  Perhaps several CSL files could be combined to support this
> workflow, e.g. via citeproc-java's command line program.

The point is such a CSL file should exist apriori.  I am just asking
the participants to produce such a CSL file.

>> I want to see an "off-the-shelf" csl style file, that uses
>> parenthetical style.

Can someone else produce this CSL file?

> Maybe this:
>

> https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/chicago-author-date.csl

I have looked at this style file and I have even written a CSL macro
for this file.  Please tell me how would I create parenthetical styles
with this CSL file.

> ¹   http://citationstyles.org/styles/, section "Suppress Author"

The page says:

    Suppress Author

    With “author” and “author-date” styles, you might want to write
    “as discussed by Doe (2002), … ” instead of “as previously
    discussed (Doe, 2002)”.

    While CSL styles only define complete citations, e.g. “(Doe,
    2002)”, the word processor plugins of Zotero, Mendeley, and Papers
    all allow you to suppress the author(s) in individual citations,
    which would leave you with just “(2002)”. You then have to write
    the author’s name by hand.

The question now is: Who types the author name.  The style file
suppresses the author and it would mean the document author types it,
right?

So what toolchain are we looking at.  How good we know these
toolchains to actually integrate Org-mode with it?