Re: [O] Status of MobileOrg for iOS?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: [O] Status of MobileOrg for iOS?
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 08:27:38 +0100

Hi David,

David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:

> Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> What is the status of MobileOrg for iOS?
>>
>> It seems stalled but, AFAIK, it is free software and higly hackable
>> if you have the knowledge and time ^^
>
> It does seem somewhat stalled, but it does seem to work once you get it
> set up.  I hope I can find time to work on it in the future.  It could
> use the following:
>
> 3. Simpler data entry/update methods (perhaps Siri?).

Oh YEAH ! :D

> Overall, for managing your life, I see very little better than Org
> especially if you are used to working with Emacs.

I can't agree more with that ! I wish I had an EmacsOS smartphone ^^.

> The one issue that has been holding me back was accessing and
>updating my tasks and overall "life outlines" from my iPhone which
>is always with me.  MobileOrg begins to address that, but I have a
>lot to learn on using both.

I hardly edit my lists directly onto my smartphone. I find it quite
complicated and error prone but my main UX problem is with tha
ability to export an encrypted version of my orgfiles. I do not want
them to be stored as clear text on something like Dropbox. Until I
can GPG encrypt them and make mobileorg using it that way, I won't
use it again ^^ (That means MobileOrg can deal with GPG encrypted
files too.).

Regards
-- Xavier.