Re: [O] [ox-ascii, bug?] aligning text withing footnotes

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [ox-ascii, bug?] aligning text withing footnotes
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 12:26:03 +0100

> Hello,
>
> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When writing plain text I might write something like:
>>
>> See foo[fn:1]
>>
>> [fn:1] http://orgmode.org/\\
>>        http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
>>
>> This is exported as:
>>
>> See foo[1]
>>
>> Footnotes
>> ─────────
>>
>> [1] [http://orgmode.org/]
>>        [http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/]
>
> This should be fixed. Expected indentation is:
>

>   [1] [http://orgmode.org/]
>   [http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/]

No.  In a normal paragraph when I do

para1\\
     para2

The whitespace indentation is respected.  All I'm saying that when I do
something equivalent in a footnote the amount of characters removed from
the first list (typically 3: "fn:") should also be removed from subsequent
lines.  E.g.

[fn:1] http://orgmode.org/\\
       http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

Becomes:

[1] http://orgmode.org/\\
       http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

But

[fn:1] http://orgmode.org/ long text here
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

Becomes

[1] http://orgmode.org/ long text here
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

> You mean this this indentation scheme for footnotes
>
>   [1] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
>       eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enimad
>       minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip
>       ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in
>       voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur
>       sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt
>       mollit anim id est laborum.
>
> instead of
>
>   [1] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
>   eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enimad
>   minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip
>   ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in
>   voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur
>   sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt
>   mollit anim id est laborum.

I would want the first scheme if I typed in my footnote as

[fn:1] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
       eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enimad
       minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip

And the second if I typed:

[fn:1] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do
eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enimad
minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip

Does it make sense?

—Rasmus

--
The Kids call him Billy the Saint