Re: [O] Multicite syntax

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Multicite syntax
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 17:28:28 +0100

Vaidheeswaran C <address@hidden> writes:

>> Note that, as a consequence, the new object is incompatible with the
>> previous one, since every citation is a multi-cite citation. See
>> commit message for details.
>
> Just a quick feedback.
>
>   (:parenthetical nil :begin 807 :post-blank 0 :end 843 :references
>                 ((:key "wilde" :prefix nil :suffix nil)
>                  (:key "moore" :prefix nil :suffix nil)
>                  (:key "westfahl:space" :prefix nil :suffix nil))
>                 :parent #3#)
>
> Having a plist for `reference' as opposed to a an Element proper gives
> me cognitive dissonance.
>
> How about replacing this
>
>     (:key "wilde" :prefix nil :suffix nil)
>
> with this instead
>
>     (reference :key "wilde" :prefix nil :suffix nil :parent )
>      ^^^^^^^^                                        ^^^^^^

Agreed. I introduced yet another syntax change in "wip-cite" branch.

Now there are two separate objects "citation" and "citation-reference".
So the following multicite

  [cite:prefix; pre @a post; @b]

is parsed like

  (citation (:prefix "prefix" :parenthetical nil)
   (citation-reference (:key "a" :prefix "pre" :suffix "post"))
   (citation-reference (:key "b")))

The annoying thing is about bare-keys. When on a bare @key,
`org-element-context' cannot grap the citation, only the reference.
I don't think it is an issue for now.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou