[O] Possible bug

From: Subhan Michael Tindall
Subject: [O] Possible bug
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:24:54 +0000

I’m not sure if this counts as a bug or not:

If I run a custom agenda (eg. “R”) with sticky agendas, it displays in an buffer with the name

*Org Agenda (R)*

If this buffer is then renamed to e.g.

(rename-buffer “*R-Agenda*”)

*R-Agenda*

And is then refreshed by hitting r, the agenda is properly rebuilt BUT in a new buffer named *Org Agenda(R)*, resulting in two differing agendas.

Is this appropriate behavior? It seems that rebuilding the agenda should respect the current buffer name. I’m very new at programing for lisp, so I’m not sure I’m using the right functions here.

I’ve poked around a bit in the code, but my elisp-fu is quite weak. I couldn’t find an easy way to pass a buffer name in to org-agenda to be used, nor was it entirely clear to me how to modify org-agenda to grab & respect the buffer name when rebuilding a ‘sticky’ one.

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.